my dd age 11 still pee's most nights...help.

i have already taken her to a number of doctors and they had said no case of abuse sexuale assult or trama they says shes healthy and normal and that she should grow out of it by the time shes 13. they gave her pills that didnt help. we have tried everything. im tired of buying pullups and i know shes not happy about it. the doc said her bladder just isent muture also no uti. any ideas? we tried waken her every 2 hours that dosent work, shes a deep sleeper you wake her and say bathroom she will try to go in livingroom. shes asleep. im afaid to buy her great bedsheets cause there hard to wash. and she embarrassed what can i do to help her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Take her to another doctor....that's not right
    Anonymous

• I don't know if this is your daughter but I have an adopted daughter who did it until she was 18 and she was abused. My brother did it until his teens. From hearing from most doctors and people who have done it, it's either because they are heavy sleepers or they are just plain lazy to get up. Not saying your daughter is....but most cases they are either to lazy to get up or they are scared. Have you found out if she is scared of the dark? I've also been told it's physcilogical..not sure. I would just say to her..you've had enough of it and she's to big to do that and see if that works. I hope it gets better and just keep encouraging her to do better.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Get night time sleepers. SS is 10 and still wets the bed. He is also a very deep sleeper and sleep walks sometimes.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 6:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It happens to some children... I know my husband tells stories of wetting the bed until he was in Jr high (and actually on rare occasions it still happens!!!) I think it's because they sleep so deep and also they are not mature enough. My husband said his mom tried about everything you said... nothing ever helped, he just out grew it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Have you tried a bedwetting alarm? They help retrain her sleeping brain to hear and listen to that "I've got to go" feeling. They have a great track record though they can take a few months. My parents used one with me decades ago - it took just one night!

There are different styles - some go in the underwear or pullup, some go under the bottom sheet. You can get them from medical supply stores or online.
    http://www.bedwettingstore.com/category_alarms.htm
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• This is normal, believe it or not. ITs normal for those kids who sleep very deep and also have immature bladders and very small bladders. My oldest daughter was never abused at all. Shes perfectly happy and healthy and she wet until she was 11 yrs old. One day it just stopped. Its also a genetic thing. My dad wet until he was in his teens as did my brother. My daughter began refusing to wear pullups and we did do the med thing for awhile and it helped. THey make a nasal spray in that med that works a bit better. You could ask the doctor about that. I promise that barring any other medical condition....she will outgrow this. I just frustrating for you and for her. I promise that its harder on her. I have walked 10 miles in your shoes. Hang in there.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Be patient and wait for her to grow out of it. GIve her the task of changing her bed sheets. Not as a punishment but to begin to take care of herself and her bodily functions. Keep the bed the way you need to. When she finally stops, celebrate with nice sheets and maybe a new mattress!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• hi mom.. i found an article for you... if you had a boy, i would know how to help better... but you have a dd, so kind of uncharted territory for me to help ( nanny of boys) but here is the article, and look at the part where it talks about nocturnal wetters... a hormone problem...
    http://parentingteens.about.com/cs/preteens/a/bedwetting.htm
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• i should post about the boy thing... boys who wet the bed, suddenly stop, and the reason is.... given to me by my bf, its because they start getting erections, the erection stops up the bladder/urethra.... i know, sounds a bit to much, but that is what it is... my bf wet the bed til he was 12.....
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• thank you ladies yeah the doc just came to the conclusion that shes a deep sleeper she has a night light in her room and even a bathroom, she just dosent wake up. and i do make her wash her own bedding not to punish but to help me we tried the alarm she slept threw it woke me up and im down staires i have told her when she does stop we will buy her a new mattrace, its just so frustrating and pullups are not cheap. and doc app after doc app it was crazy just for them to say nope shes fine her bladder isent mature and shes a dep sleeper. she will grow out of it. now im happy shes fine but i also thought you gonna help with the laundry
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 30, 2008