I'm 17 and I just found out that I'm pregnant.I'm pregnant by my ex-boyfriend and now that we have broken up I know that he's going to think that its not his baby.We dated for 3 years and now we have seperate lives.Now that I'm pregnant I don't know what to do and I don't know how I'm going to tell mom.I think my family is going to look down on me.Please help me out:How can I tell my ex-boyfriend and my mom?What should I do?!?

Teen Pregnancy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I know what your going through, I had my first at 17 and it's really hard but you need to sit down with your mom and tell her the truth. She may get angry and yell at first but she will come around and you are going to need her support because being a teen mom is not easy. As far as you ex is concerned, hopefully he will step up and help support the baby on his own but if not take him to court and get child support.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I have to agree with sammiesmom2000 its not going to be easy I found out the hard way except I was only 14teen when I got pregnant and my mom new before I told her she seen my body change real quick and that was a little more easier on everything and for the dad he has that right to request a DNA but as long as you know the baby is his then no worries. Unless you two can patch things up for the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I wouldn't patch things up for the baby..that NEVER works. If you weren't happy before baby you are not gonna be the brady bunch because of baby. That said honestly you just have to do it..tell them and if he denies the baby do a DNA test and if he's not there for you..well honestly your better off w/o him.
    cdogdevon

Answer by cdogdevon at 9:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I had my son when I was 17 and it was also very hard for me to tell my mom. They rejected me and my baby at first, my dad didn't talk to me for the longest but they came around. It is going to be hard but once you get it off your chest you will fell so much better and you are going to need all the love and support you can get. If you need anything let me know. Oh and also when I had found out that I was pregnant I was talking to a pregnancy counselor at school and she helped me tell my mom. I know school is out for the summer, but I'm sure there are pregnancy resource centers in you area that will help you out. Good Luck
    jaysmommy08

Answer by jaysmommy08 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Tell your ex boyfriend. He has a right to know and whatever his choice is, he has to live with it. Tell your mom, even if she is disappointed, her motherly instinct of protecting and helping you will kick in and she will be there for you. Things might be tense, but once that baby is here it will be ok. Everything happens for a reason and this baby is to be here for some reason. Good Luck and stay strong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Stop over thinging this, just tell her then you will be able to figure it out together hun. If you hold it in your imagination will take over and it never comes out the way you think...tell her now!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:50 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I'm 18 but when I found out I was pregnant at 17. I'm due in sep.
    I think it's best to tell your mom now. That way she has time to get used to the idea. You never know how parents will react. I thought my mom wouold kill me but when I told her she was actually really excited, which surprised me. As far as telling the ex I'm not sure how you should go about that, all you can do is say something. What he thinks is just how it's going to be. Good luck.
    -Lizzie
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I am 17 and i am preganate with my first son. he is due 1 1/2 months before my 18 birthday. I tried to hide it for my mom and i did till i was 6 months. you really just need to tell her it is not as bad as i though it would be and she is happy. She was more disappointed at me cause i waited so long to tell her. I was scared to death when i told my mother cause i thought she would kick me out but she took it real well and now she is buying everything for me.
    Reginald_James

Answer by Reginald_James at 1:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Got pregnant at 15. Just tell your mom. she will be mad at first but she will get over it. You need to see a doctor. My mom knew before i told her just by my body changes. good luck
    kenziesmom2006

Answer by kenziesmom2006 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My daughter is also 17 and pregnant. It hasn't been easy, the father is of another race, but very good to my daughter. She has had many problems with this pregnancy, but i have always been there for her. She was honest with me from the moment she found out, and i have been honest with her. I told her the options she had, and backed her with whatever she chose to do. She is currently in school, and awaiting the birth of her daughter. Good luck and best wishes no matter what!
    tonyswitch

Answer by tonyswitch at 8:46 AM on Jul. 16, 2008