Need some time to myself

I have a 5 month old and am expecting again...Trouble is, I can't seem to find any time to read up on whats going on or to watch what I eat/lift...I just do it to get it done and move on to the next thing.
When my hubby gets home, he's beat and just wants to relax. So he fights about watchin Gauge for me while I do a few things.
If hes doing this now, what am I going to do when this baby gets here in August?! I need tips on getting him involved. Yelling and crying doesnt work. Basicly, I need tips on tricking him into it...

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 6:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• See if he is willing to work out a deal with you: For example, he gets 30 minutes to relax when he gets home, and you then get 30 minutes (or an amount of time you feel appropriate for what you want/need to do) to do what you need to while he watches your son. Men tend to be pretty...dense sometimes, too, so you might have to make a list to show him everything you do all day and what you need to do at night. My ex used to give me grief about why did I need him to watch our son, I had all day to get whatever done, why didn't I do it then. I made a list showing him everything I did all day, he kinda got it, but he really got it when I went one full day without doing anything I normally did. All I did was take care of my son. Then he got it. Then he understood that I needed a little time in the evening, just to breathe, or to do things that I wasn't able to get to during the day. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I think I would be pissed if he made me feel like he minds "watching" HIS son. But I think that tropicalmama's answer is a place to start.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• CUT HIM OFFFFFF!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first poster. You want time to yourself...make some by leaving something undone. the house won't fall down and he might actually pitch in.

Even better...hand your son over to him on his next day off, and LEAVE. Don't come back for a few hours. That's usually a shock to the system.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I agree that he needs to learn what you do. Rather than trying to shock him or "one up" him, I'd suggest leading him through your day. He is probably busy at work, too, and comes home hoping that his hard work has earned him a comfortable place to be. I like the idea, too, of arranging with him that he takes an hour off when he gets home and then you have an hour off. This is a great idea. Remember that he is a person and has feelings, too. Sometimes guiding the husband by kindness and encouraging him to make decisions- the way you want him to make them of course- will get you the help that you need.

Answer by Bmat at 8:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Just be like i gotta do this dont make it an option
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Men are lazy. Try to prioratize and take care of your baby. Make a to list and stick to eat. I pick up all the time to keep the house organize. My BF is very lazy and barely helps, I know yelling
    doesn't help.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008