is it safe?

WHEN I WAS IN HIGHSCHOOL O LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT FROM SLIM FAST AND WORKING OUT, SO I WAS THINKING ABOUT TAKING IT AGAIN THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT IM BREASTFEEDING AND I DONT WANT IT TO AFFECT HIM.
WHAT DO YOU THINK, SHOULD IT BE FINE?

mylovelyfamily

Asked by mylovelyfamily at 6:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Always talk to the doctor before trying to diet while BFing.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• no u cant take it while u are breast feeding, i asked my doc about itt and he said no because of all the stuff thats in it
    Anonymous

• Its ok to lose weight while breastfeeding as long as you do it in a healthy mannor and as long as you are still eating enough calories to replace the ones that the baby is using. i ate like a pig while bf and still dropped weight quick
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 6:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• you can eat healthy and try making a schedule for yourself that way you can make sure that you're not only getting the cals you need for the baby but also that it's nutritious for you and the baby that you are feeding.. REm. it takes times to lose the weight, don't push it too much .. but keep int in your mind.. Also your body is different after giving birth.. it'll go back to the way it was ... don't stress and enjoy your time with the baby.. :)

Good luck.. :)
    simran4god

Answer by simran4god at 7:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• talk to the ped
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• you should never diet while breastfeeding....
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 7:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Great Question. I just like the taste of slim fast powder shakes but I wasn't sure if the ingredients were safe. Thanks for asking!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Slim Fast isn't a great choice while nursing. Not that it will hurt the baby...it won't. Nothing in it to hurt baby.

YOU are the one who'd suffer.

Weight Watchers has a great program for nursing moms. remember, nine months on, MINIMUM nine months off.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I think you should worry about losing weight AFTER you are done BFing. just do what's best for your baby and eat healthy foods. Baby doesn't care if youre a little overweight. BFing will go by so fast. enjoy it and don't worry about that other stuff. If you have any doubt about what to eat or drink don't!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Weight watchers has a special program for bfing mommas.
    springtimemomma

Answer by springtimemomma at 9:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2008