What is the best way to handle dealing with an adult step child that is expecting and doesn't have a job and the father has left?

She doesn't live with us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• Where does she live, and why doesnt she have a job?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It's not your responsibility, she's an adult.
    Anonymous

• she lives with her mom. she doesn't have a job because she's pregnant. how do i act supportive if i don't feel it?
    Anonymous

• dont worry about it not your problem!
    Anonymous

• If you don't feel supportive, just back off. Don't pretend to be something you're not. What do you mean when you ask what is the best way to deal with her? Does she visit with her dad often, and you're forced to play hostess, or what?
    If that is the case, I would find something else to do on the days she visits and just let them have daddy-daughter time.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• As always the infamous words...you don't have to be supportive if you aren't feeling it..stiil it is your husbands grandchild and it isn't the unborn childs fault. None of live in your house or know the full details of your lives but at least you were kind enough to show some concern by asking on here. When that child is born...you will have the true answer in your arms.
    armyqtsmom

Answer by armyqtsmom at 3:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• whats done is done, u dont have to be happy that she is going to be in a tough postion but she IS pregnant and by the way you worded ur question it sounds like she is keeping the child so i feel like u should support her. that doesnt mean financially, just emotionally. It kinda sounds like you have issues with her, i could be wrong. And she and the father arent together, does that mean he wont be apart of the childs life? or iwqll he have an active role. (either way child support) and she lives with her mom, which is where most of the responsiblity will fall on. so i dont think you need to worry that much about not being thrilled. GOOD LUCK!
    Jnet28

Answer by Jnet28 at 4:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Hi, I feel for you and know what you are going true because my Stepdaughter is also pregnant with no job.....lets talk.
    Diamant

Answer by Diamant at 10:50 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i was 18 when i had my little girl i lived with my mom and i did not have a job my mom took care of me i am now 19 and me and my little girl and my little girls daddy live together
    cloegrace

Answer by cloegrace at 7:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Well I'm 18 and when I was pregnant I was only 17. I didnt have a job, and my babies father wasnt involved and still isnt. Sounds like she's probably fine. I was job hunting the whole time I was pregnant and it's damn near impossible to get hired. It's not your problem dont worry about it. It's best for her to stay home with her baby anyways, if her mom is willing to support her then she has a great mom and she's blessed to have that opportunity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2009