pregnant or late from meds?

my husband was home on leave in october and we tried to get pregnant. i had a period at the end of october, and november. i was due a period this month on the 24th of december. i havent started but 1. i've been on antibiotics for strep for about 3 weeks now and 2. i took pregnancy tests back in november and they were negative. i've heard wives tales of being pregnant and still having a period but i'm thinking i'm late because of the meds. i dont want to buy a test and get excited just to be let down. anyone know if this is from the meds? yes i know antibiotics make birth control pills less effective--im not on birth control and my husband is deployed. havent had sex since early november before he left from his leave

pinkbubbles79

Asked by pinkbubbles79 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Honey I'm sorry but I don't think u are :o(, I think u are late for another reason-don't give up tho, never give up, hope.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• oops sorry, continuing...the antibiotics make the bc pill less effective, but it shouldn't effect your period. I would take a test just to clear your mind, so that way u aren't thinking anything one way or the other. Your prolly late because u want to be preg so badly kwim?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• yup, i took one tonight just so i'd know and it was negative. guess i'll chalk it up to the meds...i'm never late. and i'll look forward to trying some more once he's home!
    pinkbubbles79

Answer by pinkbubbles79 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2008