When is it okay to get pregnant after stopping the pill?

I stopped taking Trinessa about a week and a half ago. I had a period right after I stopped. I've heard two differing positions on when to start trying. Any advice?

mcmaestas

Asked by mcmaestas at 7:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Your body will ovulate when ready and the bc is out of your system.
    Anonymous

• i don't think it really matters? birth control doesn't do any damage. i got pregnant the first month i was off of it.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i think it is ok right away, but double check with your doctor to be sure
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i dont think it matters i got pregnant on b/c with my first and becuz i didnt relize i was pregnant took it for another month after i was pregnant. hes a happy healthy baby id say your body will let you get pregnant when its ready.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• As soon as you get of the pill it is fine to start trying for a baby, when your ready you will become pregnant. Good Luck !!
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 7:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My doctor said it was fine to get pregnant right away, but it is ideal to wait 2-3 months to allow your body to go back to normal from being on the pill for so long. Either way I don't think it matters.
    lamr

Answer by lamr at 8:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i would wait a few months.. i got pregnant right after stopping the pill and it ended in miscarriage
    XKsmommy

Answer by XKsmommy at 8:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• People blame the pill for miscarriage all the time. It wasn't the pill, your body wasn't ready. You can start after you get off the pill and no the pills aren't "in your system," other wise what would explain the people who get pregnant just by skipping ONE pill??? Its funny that people get such mis information. TALK to your doctor, and remember these girls aren't Doctors.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• My doctor told me that it would be fine to start trying right after getting off BC.
    I think it can vary between women to women. I conceived my son within 2 weeks of trying.
    after getting off BC
    kaidensmommy1

Answer by kaidensmommy1 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 1, 2009