CCam in infants

Anyone have a child With CCAM or any congenital lung conditions? My son has it and I could use some support

jmegee

Asked by jmegee at 7:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm so sorry. I'd look in the Group's on here to see if there's any support.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• http://fetus.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/ccam/support.asp
    This is the only information I have to give you. PM me if you would like.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Yes, My son was diagnosed with CCam at 20 weeks gestation. He is now 7 months old and looks and acts like a normal baby. He had his CCam removed when he was only 3 months old because his Cyst was growing so rapidly and the doctors were afraid it would burst on it's own.
    Tristans_Mommmy

Answer by Tristans_Mommmy at 3:19 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I am currently 35 w pregnant and my son was diagnosed with a CCAM via ultrasound at 26 weeks. His cyst hasn't been growing or crowding his heart and lungs, but at this point we don't really know what we will be facing once he is born. It could go away, get smaller (though it hasn't shrunk at all yet), or stay the same size. We may be facing surgery during his first year of life. Right now things are pretty uncertain for us.
    NewMomLacey

Answer by NewMomLacey at 8:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009