What about my weight?

I'm 32 wks and had a doctor appointment today. It had been a lil over a month and I gained 12 pds which put me gaining 23 lbs since Ive been pregnant.. Is that good or bad? I'm just scared to go too overboard because I've heard how hard the weight is too lose and I don't think I've gained enough to put my baby in danger.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• your fine you should gain around 25 to 30lbs
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Twelve pounds in a month is a lot, but sometimes we gain more or less than we "should" at any given time throughout the pregnancy. If you were a healthy weight to begin with, you should gain 25 to 35 pounds total. So, even if you gain a pound a week for the rest of the pregnancy, you are still in the healthy range. If your doctor was not concerned, you shouldn't be either.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• that isnt too much to gain over your pregnancy... and sometimes..you just gain the weight all at once.. for my second.. i didnt gain hardly any in the begining it all came towards the end.
    Anonymous

• Dont feel bad I gained 40 lbs with my first but after that I learned that just cuz it looks and smells good maybe I should think before I eat the WHOLE thing.lol.With this one i havent gained so far I have lost weight but I'm only 15 wks.Youll be fine just try to shot for like 1-2 lbs a wk .
    Anonymous

• 12 lbs is a little much for one month but altogether i gained 40 lbs lol, so you should be fine, i wouldn't worry too much
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 1:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2008