im trying to get a divorce i need the easiest cheapest ligit way to do soo somebody please help!!

i dont have a lot of money i want closure in my life i was in a terrible marriage and now am seperated and just want my divorce i want it finalized!!! Please help!!!

mommy1412

Asked by mommy1412 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• You can petition the courts without a lawyer as long as you both are willing to do so. I think the only thing you two pay for are court costs.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• u could ge a lawyer who will take pmts. call around and check. u could also find a lawyer and have ex pay for him as a part of the divorce.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• YOU CAN GET THE COURT COST WAVED ALSO. TYPE IN DIVORCE AND YOUR STATE IT SHOULD LINK YOU TO A STEP BY STEP PROGRAM.
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 7:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am also going through the same thing. I looked around, and found myself a pro-bono lawyer. I don't pay anything except the filing fees. I am also going to try to get a waiver for that as well. If you have any more questions, please e-mail me....Good Luck !!
    Love_my_child

Answer by Love_my_child at 7:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I paid $450 or so to this office where you answer quest. on a form and they typed it, filed them however, your spouse must be served. Search Divorce Center.com, Law guides . If anything let me know-I live in NYC so they might not have them all over.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• What about trying for legal aid in your state. when I got divorced, I could not use them because there was real estate ininvolved.
    wolflinx

Answer by wolflinx at 8:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• most states only allow you to do it yourself if you have no children together and no real estate owned together so you will need an attorney. You could get him to file and if you agree with the settlement then you would not need an attorney of your own. I used Legal
    Aid myself.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• try We the People, I used it once.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• We The People, that's what I used, also. as long as everything is "As Mutually Agreed", it only cost us $250.
    moniquesand

Answer by moniquesand at 10:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2008