Who here thinks I have lost my mind???????

I just went to take a few things back that my DD got for christmas....and I thought however much it came to I would spend the money back on her. WELL, is everyone aware that all the toys are WAY STINKING cheap!!! Like way cheaper than what there were 2 weeks ago. HOLY COW!!! So, here is where you may think Im nuts, I think next year Im going to do Christmas after christmas. Is that crazy????? Or am I crazy????

ToberzMama

Asked by ToberzMama at 7:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• heck no your not crazy i think its outrages that they lower prices after christmas i mean come on. How is that fair for us?
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• no you won't spend as much and you can get more for everyone
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• That's why I already started my shopping for next year! The girls got gift cards for Target for Christmas. We went online to use them the day after and I couldn't believe how cheap some of the stuff was. So after they were in bed I started for next year! I figure if they aren't into it by this time next year there are 4 nieces younger than my girls...someone is bound to like it!
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 7:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Were they gifts from others? If not, I think they have to give you back what you paid for it when you bought it????? Sorry if this isn't much help!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• They only have to give u what was paid w/ a reciept. :o(
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• ive thought of the same thing, either do you shopping for the next year immediately after christmas ends or do christmas gifts a day or late. isnt christmas suppose to be about tradition and family anyways, i think its become too much about spending money and who got what for who
    learae

Answer by learae at 7:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• If your kids are ok with waiting a few days or so I think it's FINE. A couple years ago, we didn't have money, right AT or immediately before Christmas Day , so we EXTENDED Christmas. I kept the tree up. kept the music going and although we had dinner and opened a few small presents on the day that year, the UPS man delivered my kids' presents in January. My kids were teens and pre-teens who know that Christmas is a whole season, not just the one day. They are also aware that there is no Santa Claus except us,so they were all fine with waiting, and we were able to get them AWESOME gifts that year. I am one person who doesn't think you're crazy, I think you're SMART!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Girl, I had the most fun ever yesterday. I went to a local mall and a store was going out of business. They offered all you can carry for 10.00 or all you can stuff into a cart for 20.00! People were going crazy. It was sooo much fun. We bought tons of clothing to donate to the church. People were laughing and talking and having a good time.. no fighting, just plain having fun!
    Anonymous

• I start shopping right after christmas too I like to do it because I can give more.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Learae I agrea 110%!!!! So next yr my DD will still be to young to understand, Im really thinking about doing it. Hey Im a SAHM and my DH is the only income, So Moma's gotts do what a Moma's gotta do. and to the other compents, no they gave me what the people paid for the girfts. This is what I took back: 2 DVDs(she already had) Jean, Shirt, PJ's, Pants, and an Elmo remote. The clothes wouldnt fit and she got 2 remotes.(I dont want anyone to think I was just being mean and taking it back :-) And in return I got a mini size Graco stroller, high chair, boucer, car seat, black and decker tools(she is a huge tom boy), play food with basket, and a aqua doodle, sippy cups, food for her, mouse for her(it makes her feel like mommy haha) and Medicine for her cause she is sick. Oh yeah and PG test for me....which I got a BFN....I still think I took it to early....But....just wanted your alls opinon....THANKS :-)
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 7:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2008