Question about way baby is laying

Just a quick question. I have been very uncomfortable lately, I feel horrible when I am laying down and better standing up. My mom told me to find out how the baby is laying at my U/S today. She head down but facing my left side. My mom says and the midwife said this is why I could be so uncomfortable. I was also told that I could have bad back labor or even c-section if she does not move, is this true? Anyways I can get her to be in right position?

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• u cannot move her, she has to do it on her own. good luck mama.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• There are exersises I know you can find online for if a baby is breech. The doctor can also turn her, but I do not reccomend that. They can rupture your water and cause serious bruising to your tummy and uterus. if she's head down, and she's just facing the wrong way, they can easily turn her as she comes down the birth canal, it's usually only when babies are breech that c-sections are needed due to positioning, cause that's head up.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Yikes! I HATE back labor! Especially since it starts before any of the other contractions. I would recommend holding off of the epi as long as you can and use a birthing ball when you are in labor.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2008