I'm the worst pregnant lady ever!

ESPECIALLY for having a child already. I was induced with my first daughter so I never had to rely on instincts to tell me when I was in labor...I never had to recognize any signs. Until today I didn't know what the baby being "engaged" was...apparently mine has been engaged for a good week now. I'm terrified that I will miss the beginning signs of labor and be completely screwed because last time I made all of my progress in 20 mins...kind of a narrow window. I have had diarrhea all day and I don't know if that is an actual sign of labor or an old wives tale. I'm starting to think it would be a miracle for this baby to make it out of my body having me as a mother! lol. So if anyone could offer me advice on spotting labor and what to look for...feel free to treat me like a first time mom, because I'm amazed at how "dumb" I am at this for having already done it once.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have 3 boys and only went into labor myself with the first and that wasalmost 11 yrs ago.I'm preg with #4 and am already scared about where I'll be and if I'll be alone when i go into labor with this one.So your not horrible or nothing I think every mom gets weird and scared about it no matter how many babys shes had.I would say though as long as you go to the er when you start havin contractions youll be fine.
    Anonymous

• I am on my 2nd too...and clueless. Ill have to come back and read responses to this. My first I went into labor on my own, but I didnt know it. I went to hosp to be induced and they told me I was already in labor but had no pain or weird symptoms. I hope this time it will be easier to tell. Good luck!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It is different for everyone, and every pregnancy. With me, my water broke with 2, and with my middle one I just thought I was having braxton hicks. All I can tell you is that you will know when it is time, sorry I know that doesn't help much.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 7:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• my first was induced.by the time I got to the induction I was in full labor and had no clue thought I had to poop lol.Then 3 days later via emergency c-section came my kid so not funny lol.With my second I was rushed to an emergency c-section 2 months before she was due.So now help.My stomach tightened with my first and got all rock hard and it felt like I had to use the bathroom.Labor was all in my back till the end felt like my hips and back were being stabbed
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Um... have you lost your mucus plug yet? That's one sure sign that labor is gonna start. Another is your "bloody show"--you know --blood when you wipe after going pee. Your tummy getting all hard, then relaxing. And of course LABOR PAINS are really hard to miss or ignore!! Mine were like REALLY HARD period cramps. They wuld come every ten minutes or so, then let up...but not for long, and they kept getting closer together. When the time is right, there won't be any mistake, you'll know when it's time to go--just don't wait too long!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• diareeha is an early sign mama...could be a few days, hours or whatever but it is a sign your body is cleaning out to be able to push more effectively. I am the opposite of u lol I was induced with ds and I have read/researched so muchabout this baby I am a walking book of knowledge lol. ask awa
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I know how you feel iv been having braxton hicks all evening and they are really really hurting but in no specific pattern!! I am on #4 and feel like a first time mom and my youngest is only 1!!!!!! My last 2 labors were really really fast i went from being dialated to a 6 to holding a baby in 7 mins!! Im really scared im not gonna make it!! I live about 15 mins away from the hospital so hopefully ill get there!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm at least glad to see I'm not alone! lol...I think I'm more prone to sit here in labor and denial this time around than I was before because I "should know". Lol I'm terrified of delivering my own baby because I'm not bright enough to go to the doctor when I should! lol...plus now that I have one child, I have to make plans for her before I can leave...so I would look like an ass to more than just the doctors if I went in for false alarms! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2008