planing on a vbac

so im planing on a vbac but my husband doesnt seem to be very supportive in my choice how do i get him to understand why this is so importent to me? Also im aware the a c section is still possible and i wasnt first to hold my son and it made me feel bad and i was mad becuz of it so this time if that happens and i end up with a c section i dont want anyone but my husband to hold our baby till i can hold him is that wrong? My husband says im being rediculas

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No thats not wrong and I know how you feel. With my 3rd I had a c-section and didnt get to hold my baby for like an hour after he was born cuz he had a 104 temp.I want to have a vbac this time to.But I'm always over due and the doc said they wont induce me that if its overdue I have to get another c-section.i hope it works out for you keep us posted.
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Maybe you could go to a VBAC class? I know some doulas and childbirth educators offer them. It helps to highlight some of the reasons some women (including you) feel it is so important to try for one, as well as ways to help achieve what you want from the birth -- regardless of outcome. If there are no classes offered, there are several great books on the subject, even YouTube has some classes you can watch free online. PM me if you would like more suggestions or need help getting started with information. I highly recommend the website. www.ican-online.org/
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I can definitely understand that! I had a very unplanned c-section, and it's been very hard for me to deal with it. I absolutely want to try for a VBAC with the next one. What are your hubby's concerns? Try showing him literature showing how safe VBACs are, and how low the chances are of tearing, etc (about 1%). As far as him holding the baby before you, did you get to hold the baby while you were still on the operating table? I did get to hold my son there, and my hubby brought him over to me, and that was okay. I'd rather it be him than a nurse, really. Definitely educate him, and ask your OB or midwife to help you to get him to understand.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:10 AM on Dec. 30, 2008