Should i allow my 4 year old daughter to watch the show family guy?

mommyof3grls420

Asked by mommyof3grls420 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• your kiding right? you have to ask that question i think its obviouse that you wouldnt let her watch that show come on.
    Anonymous

• Well even tho she may repeat whta she hears making people laugh, she really won't understand it so I would let her unless it is a really bad one lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• if she starts acting like stewie-just stop letting her watch
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I've never watched it, but the commercials I've seen seem pretty...adult. Not like porn adult, but too...mature. She might not get the jokes, or whatever, but personally, I wouldn't. I wouldn't let my 7 yr old watch it. That's me though.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Are you serious?!

NO! That show is terrible!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I don't see the point in censoring it .
    I don't actively seek out that show or ones like it for my kids to watch but if they happen to catch an episode I don't really mind .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• No, that said, my daughter loves it! Its awful...and I'm sure the second I leave the room my SO will turn it back for her. My dad is probably just as bad. My mother forbade us to watch Bevis and Butthead or Ren and Stimpy and my dad thought it was hilarious and would let us watch it all the time.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• y not? i lets you teach what not to do we watch it with our 2 yr and 1yr old children it's only bad if you don't show them that tv is not always the right way to do things?
    Anonymous

• I think a 4 yr old is not going to be damaged by it, come on girls be realistic. if she pops up w/an uzi or a martini then worry but otherwise geesh.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i wouldnt let my child watch this show. i have seen only one of those shows so far (because my husband wanted to watch it) and its pretty obvious that this is something for adults
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008