vaccines

my baby is going for her 4 month check up on friday and i am just wondering opinions on all of these shots they have to get? Anyone skip any? any opinions? I just hate how sick she gets after....

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 8:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our boys had all their shots, we never had any adverse reactions. I gave Tylenol for the first 24 hours (correct dose every 4 hours), moved their legs around at each diaper change (riding bike, "running", deep knee bends, etc) to keep the muscles from stiffening and becoming sore.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Mine never had any adverse side effects, if they did,I would definately talk to the doctor about not doing them.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• WE did shots, and didn't have any adverse effects. Just think of how worse it could be if she caught the virus and shared it with others in your community.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I don't vaccinate. Dr.Sears has a great book out called the Vaccine Book It is very unbiased and helps you choose the right decision that is best for YOU and YOUR FAMILY.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• You can spread them out. Ask your pedi which ones pose the greatest risk and which ones can wait another month or so. If it's just because she gets feverish after I'd just get them out of the way. Fever is the signal that her body is working. It recognizes the "foreign intruders" and is producing the antibodies necessary to destroy them. That's sorta how it works. Then if she actually gets the disease the vaccine was made for her body will already have the antibodies ready and she won't get it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I don't vax but I think it's wise to get one at a time. IN the event your child has a reaction you'd know what they shouldn't have. WHen a child gets 3 or 4 at a time and something happens there is no way to know which vax they shouldn't have in the future which just leads to more problems.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I do NOT vaccinate. I'm sending you a private message with my info for you. :)
    For everyone else, check out my myspace page. www.myspace.com/parentsagainstvax
    Also www.thinktwice.com
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I also want to add that I DID have a reaction. I got arthritis from my MMR shot.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Vax is something you have to consider yourself. Do the research Check out sites for and against Vaxxing. Talk to your doctors about your concerns. Yes their are risks, generally speaking though the benefits are considered to out weigh the risks. Also look up your area's law on Vax's. Some centers and school may require additional paperwork or may not admit an unvaxed child. This is a personal issue. Read what you can find on both sides!
    Brittainy412

Answer by Brittainy412 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• www.nvic.org Click on *Exemptions* to see your state's law's :D
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008