Crib bumpers?

My 4-month old moves all over the place when sleeping. He had his feet caught in the crib rails this morning -- he wears a sleep sack so both of them were caught -- so is it safe to put a bumper on or should I just hope that he doesn't get his feet caught again?

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use a bumber, but I don't think that it is recommended. Just depends on the child. I stgarted using it when she got her feet caught through the rails and had bruises on her legs.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Our daughter does that ALL the time. She is 18months and still gets her feet caught in the crib. There is nothing i can do about it. I tried everything. She even pulled of the crib bumpers, dont ask me how she is doing that, but she does.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i use a bumper because dd would roll all the way over to one side of the crib and have rail marks all over her legs and arms.
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I have a crib bumper...but what you can do is get one of those sleep positoners. Theyre like 20$ and you just lay them in it and it has bolsters on the sides. It will keep her from moving around and also from the chance that she might turn over and not be able to get back over. It just keeps them mobilized and I think that they are a good thing because it keeps their head slightly elevated which help with reflux. You can get them at Target.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I always used a bumper from day one. I took it out when it appeared they may use it as a step to get out of the crib (and that's about the same time I also put them in a bed)

If the baby is moving around that much, it's up to you...do you want to deal with caught feet and arms or put in a bumper and see if that helps?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i use one it works great! especially for keeping the pacifier in his reach.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I always used on.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 9:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• We use a bumper because DD likes to sleep up in the corner of her crib and if we don't she will get a (temporary) dent in her head.
    springtimemomma

Answer by springtimemomma at 9:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• me little girl slept in the bed with me till she was 7 months but shes never had a problem with them....she doesnt even get close to the sides but every baby is different its a personal choice
    kalliemom08

Answer by kalliemom08 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008