How much do you buy for your newborn??

I have 3 kids and I think I always go a little over board buying things for them... I usually have 20+ outfits 20-30 onsies lots of Jammies and they always outgrow them before they wear all of it!!! Soooo how much do you buy for yours? Just enough?? or too much??

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I dont really have to buy alot I get alot from friends or hand me downs from prev kids.But I do buy somethings new but not much, I'm broke.
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• oh we bought way too much for our daughter. We still do. :-/

if she grows out of it i will just re-sell it on ebay.

But i like to dress my girl up proper when we leave the house. Nothing fancy but proper. Jeans will match the shirt and such. i would never let her wear a red shirt on pink pants. I think she has 4 or 5, maybe 6 winter jackets and all of them have matching hats and scarfs. She also has 1 pair of shoes that go with everything and about 4-5 other pairs of shoes that match other outfits.

She has underwear with winnie pooh (or others) print for when she is wearing darker shirts where you cant see throug. But when she is wearing a white shirt then she wont wear underwear with a print on it. thats when i put her in white underwear/onsies.

yup im crazy. but she is my princess and i dont like it when parents put their kids in cloth that make them look like a clown :-/
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Too much...and I know I'm buying too much as I buy it. I didn't plan on finding out what I was having so I went out and bought a full wardrobe of neutral for 0-3 months. I started thinking that it would be an easier transition for my 3 year old if I could tell her what the baby was and give it a name...so I ended up finding out I was having another girl and buying a full "girl" wardrobe. I knew damn well I didn't need anything else for the baby when I shopped online last night and went to the mall this morning. I've at least started trying to buy for the next size up...I have a horrible problem with not being able to pass up clearance sales though.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• His grandparents have that under control. They tell his father and me not to buy anything. As good as it sounds, we can' t help ourselves. He still has newborn stuff he hasn't worn and he's 4 months old. He had 7 different christmas outfits. Why?? Who knows, who cares. That's the joy of it. Ahhhh, motherhood.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 8:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• We didn't have to buy anything! Between my baby shower, my sister in law and my parents in law, we seriously haven't had to buy but $200 worth of misc.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:03 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I do buy a lot of clothes for my son because he is the typical boy! he gets his jean ripped and his shirts stained with things that I can never get it out. I actually buy things for pre school (because is where he gets his clothes ruinned) and clothes to go out.
    I am expecting a baby girl in february and I didnt buy her nothing yet.. I just got a lot of things.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 3:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009