Suggestions Please!!!!!!!!!!

My teenage who is 17, has a tendancy to flirt, get phone numbers or email addressses of if I am trying to get to know someone and when I allow them to come over she tends to be in the middle of our conversation and any other time she could care less about being in the same room with me. She already has a boyfriend and I respect their time together. Tonight, I could not hold my tongue anymore and called her on that. Now, she treating me like I do not exist again!

Four years ago, I was in a long term relationship with someone who treated me with respect, love very caring to me, helped me and stood up and back me when I discliplend my daughter. I broke up with him because she didnot like him,

I do not understand why she is doing that? I have gotten why even try to have a relationship until she moves out of the house. Any suggestions, Help please????????? Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Hang in there and learn to laugh. These years will pass and next year she will be an adult. Just keep loving her and talking to her. She maybe is trying to bond with you and could have felt bad about you confronting her on something she might not even understand yet. Sometimes as a parent we say things that we intend for good and they have the opposite affect.
    It sounds like she is searching for a father figure. Just show her your strength and keep going. Maybe have a girls' day out and treat her with special care. Sometimes that helps to open them up for discussing personal problems, thoughts and emotions...Make sure to just listen and not criticize. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2011

• Hopefully once your DD moves out then she will realize how valuable you are. It can become the opportunity to bond again.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2011

• I stopped trying to plan to do anything with her, because she throughs her fits. She likes to hang out with her boyfriend, going to school, going to work or going with his mom and him! She wants me basically to sit her at the house and have no one or to do anything.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2011

• Gosh....you are not alone!! My daughter is 17 too and she wants to spend a lot of time at friend's houses (thankfully she has still never been obsessed with guys, yeah ... I am lucky there). But, her and I hardly have quality time together anymore and her friends / facebook / phone ... come before me these days! UGH!!! Frustrating...Just know that in her heart she does really love her Mommy and always will! Keep trying to open up the lines of communication and never give up!! She will look back someday and (hind-sight is 20/20) and I think she will feel badly for treating you this way! Try to sit down and have a heart-to-heart and eye-to-eye conversation with you and let her know that you feel hurt and neglected and open up to her and ask her to open up to you.....really try....good luck to you!! It is a selfish age...for sure!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• Thank you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2011

• Hi
    I really dont think you should let your daughter control you emotionally like that.
    you should do what you want and don't listen to her. You are an adult, if she doesn't like it
    that's to bad for her.
    If she is treating you like you don't exsist well who cares. Just go about doing your own thing.
    Once she sees that her actions don't bother you one bit then she probably won't do them.
    Always be cheerful around her no matter what her attitude is.
    And yes cell phones and face book are there for them, So what!!
    My son grunts as an answer, I don't care, he can grunt all he likes.
    Hes always texting, so what, that's this generation.
    He will grow out of it.
    Cheers

gindee

Answer by gindee at 7:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2011

• get your relationship back strong!
    cmk323

Answer by cmk323 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2011