Did/Do you experience problems using Internet Explorer? Like it freezing up, not connecting etc..

Mine has been doing this for a while. I just switched to Firefox. Do you think it will quit now? I've already noticed Firefox is faster.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Entertainment

• Yep I've only used firefox for 4 years now , I've had it freeze maybe twice in that time .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Firefox is faster but you have to install a lot of things for it to show all media and connect to all links.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 8:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Explorer always froze up on me. A lot of websites would take forever to load. And the website for my electric company never worked. Everything is working great now that I have made the switch to Firefox. It took a little bit to get used to though but I like it a whole lot better.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 8:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• FIREFOX IS BETTER, BUT IT IS A PROBLEM ALL OVER THE USA.... SPECIALLY IF U HAVE TW.... I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THEM AND THEY SAID THAT IT HAPPING ALL OVER
    Anonymous

• Tw?
    Anonymous

• We have had the same problem here at home and have also switched to firefox. We switched about 7 months ago and Internet explorer still gives us problems. I use internet explorer at work and the kids use it at school with no problems, it just does not seem to work here at home.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• TIME WARNER
    Anonymous

• I have FireFox, but still also have IE (Internet Explorer).  FireFox took some getting use to, but it's a lot faster than IE.  The problem w/ FF is if my computer, abruptly shuts down, when I boot up my computer, FF crashes several times until it straightens out.

mamadee1971

Answer by mamadee1971 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Sometimes the problem is how you have your internet updates set up. If they are set up to receive automatically and you are using both programs, it can cause crashes and slow downs. You may want to switch the automatic internet update to a notification where you can choose when to run the updates and restart/reboot the computer.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2008