Extremely pickey eaters?

I know all kids can be pickey eaters but mine i feel are the worst. I don't know what to cook them anymore. Any ideas of any good websites that give good reciepes for kids that are easy because i am not a good cook and also that are good?

Angela1436

Asked by Angela1436 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• www.tyson.com

www.KraftFoods.com

www.easy-kids-recipes.com

www.easy-kids-recipes.com/easy-recipes.html

www.kidapprovedmeals.com

http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Everyday-Cooking/Family-Favorites/Main.aspx
    Anonymous

• Forget all that. I have a proven solution, and now is the best time to start. Every new year, my kids got to pick three things they NEVER have to eat. Only one rule: they have to try it first. Once it goes on the list, they can eat it or not (No, I don't make anything special for anybody!). If they didn't want to eat something, I'd just so "Oh, is that on your list?"
    At the end of the year, the slate is wiped clean and they start over. The first year I did it they used up all three in two months...then they got smart and held out for "really bad stuff".
    Trust me...it's one of the best things I ever did. (My kids are now 15 & 22 and for the last 5-7 years the list has remained EMPTY)
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Mine are picky eaters too!! Mini Beef ravioli, mac n cheese, hot dogs, broccoli, FRUIT ( fresh oranges, apples, white grapes), carrots, fried potatoes, fish sticks WM brand, donuts, milk, and stouffers brand meatloaf, salsbury steak. Stoffers lasagne. Spagetti. Canteloupe, watermelon, and grilled cheese (good deli brand mild cheddar) sandwiches. Pancakes, bacon, or sausage for breakfast and fruit. Whipped cream and jello is good and easy and they like it. Hope that helps. Sunday dinner? Roast beef (McCormick's seasoning and bag) Good luck that's what works for me.
    Lucky1963

Answer by Lucky1963 at 11:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I like WD40's answer, though, what is not being said here is that Picky Eaters are just mini-manipulators! LOL Kids will find one area (or more!) that they know they can "beat" you in and they will try and show you they are in control. My 5 y/o tried gagging himself and making himself throw up, just so he wouldn't have to eat certain foods. He would throw up on the plate, so he wouldn't have to finish dinner. After night after night of frustration, I told him that if he threw up again, he'd have to eat it (no, I wouldn't have made him, but I was pissed). You know what? He never did it again. He now eats (mostly) everything on his plate. Moms: 1 Kids: 0!!! LOL
    PiggyBug

Answer by PiggyBug at 11:02 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• If your child enjoys sweets or chips, and wants to eat those, but it is the regular food they wont eat, try this. I give my son a protein a veg and a fruit. He has to eat ALL the protein and at least three bites of the fruit and veg each or he gets NOTHING until the next meal, when we start all over. Milk does NOT count as his protein. I try to make the options things he does not absolutely hate. I know this won't work for everyone, but it seems to for us. My son is so so so skinny, I pretty much let him eat whatever he wants if he eats the regular meal like that.
    Megeth720

Answer by Megeth720 at 2:36 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• play a game. see who can eat their food or clean their plate the fastest.
    sharedknowledge

Answer by sharedknowledge at 10:00 AM on Jan. 1, 2009