I have a somewhat complicated question... I am sooo very new to this, looking for thoughts from you ladies who have been through pregnancy!

Apparently I AM pregnant, after several mixed results, it was confirmed by blood test results from last Friday..about 4 weeks - this was our last date of intercourse ( yes...I know) i recieved my period as usual on june 22 - normal as always..... it returned on july 2 - spotting really, lasting about 10 days, had mixed results on urine tests...I saw the OB yesterday, we did a vaginal scan, and nothing is visible yet....we think this may be a tubal pregnancy. I have had no signs of pregnancy otherwise.. my hgc from last Friday was 69, yesterdays count ( Monday) came in at 82. I'm having another count done this thursday and another scan done next Monday... If this is tubal, how scary is the procedure to remove? Has anyone out there had a similar scenario? What do you all think of this, considering I also have a large cyst on my right ovary which we saw on the scan yesterday....any thoughts, please?! Thank you!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry I know nothing about this..but I wish you all the best..((HUGS))
    cdogdevon

Answer by cdogdevon at 9:18 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I had a tubal pregnancy back in August. I am very sorry if this is the case for you. I spotted, the same way you did. Since we caught it so early, we were able to use Methotrexate. Speak with your doctor about that option, instead of surgery. If you DO need surgery, there are chances the scar tissue will form and you may have repeat ectopic pregnancies. Methotrexate is a drug they inject the kills rapidly reproducing cells, which is what the baby is doing right now. I had to go in for weekly blood tests to make sure the methotrexate was doing what it was supposed to do. My hCG levels dropped steadily, though I did need one more injection a couple of weeks into it. Then it was down to every other week to check it, then finally monthly. It's the slower way to go about it, but the safer way.  *huge hugs* If you'd like to talk more about this, feel free to message me. I've been there--it can be scary and heartbreaking. God bless you.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 12:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• A girl i kno started with a tubal pregnancy..but then it dropped..so i guess you'll just have to find out when you go see the doc. Best of luck to you!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2008