Anybody not use Dreft?

I used it with my son's first clothes, but just don't see the point. We are expecting again and at some point I'm going to start washing their clothes in with our's, so why not just do it from the beginning? I know it's the big thing, but I would rather try the regular stuff and if they have a reaction then try something else, but I don't want to do special and then switch and cause a reaction that could have been avoided by just washing their laundry in with our's to begin with.

mommystiebler

Asked by mommystiebler at 8:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm the same as you -- with my first I washed it in Dreft for a few months. I am due next month and I'm just going to wash the baby's stuff with Tide. Like you said - if he has a reaction I will rewash things - but if not, why waste the extra $ on the special stuff. It's so expensive!!
    ErinMarie123

Answer by ErinMarie123 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I never used a different laundry detergent for my children's clothes, I never had any problems.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• There is no point. I used tide, just like one our clothes. He's never had skin issues but I have had problems with dreft before(past babies). It has so much perfume in it.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I use any detergent that says "free" on it like purex free, it has no dyes and is good for sensitive skin. Dreft is too damn expensive. I won't use my detergent because of the perfumes in it , and I have had ds's skin freak out before-not fun.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• We use ALL free and clear for all of our clothes. My daughter has super sensitive skin though so we had to use something like that.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I use All Free and Clear on our clothes and my baby's clothes. The only reason I wash our clothes separately is because I don't use fabric softener on his clothes but I always use it on ours. Dreft is expensive. Anything that is free of harsh dyes and fragrances is fine. I also wouldn't wash your kitchen towels with your child's either...I just think it's gross.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I use arm & hammer natural & free for all our clothes.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'll use Dreft, but only because of the baby smell. I love that fragrance.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i washed her clothes in our detergent and plan on continuing, when she is born, is she does have an issue with it then we will try dreft but... i think its a little bit pointless.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2008