not sure on what I should do with my career?

well I went to school to become a dental assistant I completed the program and took the exam for my certification. but in the end I missed getting my certificate by 14 points. well after this news i was devastated and kind of depressed i did not look for a job or retake my exam from the fear of failing again and i feel like if i am not the best at something why do at all. It has been 8 months since then and I do not want my training to go to waste because I nearly dragged myself through this program. I really do not know what I should do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

• I would try again. That is a lot of work for you not to. You have a good idea now what the test will be like. Are there guides to help you study? If so, get them and study like crazy before the test. If this is something you really want to do, then try again. If not, find something you would like.  But don't let one failure stop you from doing what you really want to do.  The only way to fail is to quit! 

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 3:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• try taking the test again. But if it's not something you really want to do.try a new career! good luck
    karliesmom0506

Answer by karliesmom0506 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Try looking for ads for Dental Assistants, most dentists would like to train their own assistants, so they don't mind if you don't have your certification. Also check with temp agencies that work with dentists to fill in for maternity leave or sick leaves.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 9:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Please try again , you said you dragged yourself to get through it. Just think of all the hard work you put into it. YOU CAN DO IT!
    mamamia2121

Answer by mamamia2121 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Thanks for all the postive comments moms I will try again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2009