Stripper pole in living room ? Appropriate or not ? You call it!

Now ladies first let me say heck ya having a stripper pole in your home can totally be fun ! I wouldn't mind swinging on one nor having one for private shows for my man.

Scenario: we went over to an acquaintance's friend's home ( friend of a friend ) for a surprise welcome home party for a mutual girl we all knew. We all had children ages 3-7 all are married it was to be a family style party.

Why is it that as soon as we step into this condo we see dead in their living room a stripper pole. An extremely greasy multiple finger printed on high places stripper pole they displayed.

Our son said " cool mom they have a fireman's pole to escape fires." LOL

Question is would you have put it away for company granted it was a portable one or would you just leave it there in plain view your house your rules?

We didn't know what to make out of it, we were in between finding it super amusing to feeling weird.

HazyPerception

Asked by HazyPerception at 9:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I just told my son " Baby don't touch it that's only for emergency's! " TOO FUNNY!
    HazyPerception

Answer by HazyPerception at 9:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• yeah, that is pretty tacky. It is one thing if it was pure grownups but knowing that kids were going to be there, thats pretty weird.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 9:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Yeah, nothing like getting to explain something like that to your kids...glad your son came up with his own explanation. I don't know...I guess if they are a couple without kids, they will see it differently than people with kids would. I would love to have a stripper pole in my living room...they are an amazing workout! lol...and you can get work out tapes to go with them. That said I would be too embarrassed to let my SO see me do anything like that (exercising or trying to be sexy) let alone have other people wonder what I did on it
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Are you kidding?? I would totally feel weird as an adult even if there were no kids there. I don't want to know that much about anybody's sex life! What were they going to do, demonstrate? Sick. Keep it in the bedroom ladies.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• nasty.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Ok so my opinion on it would be considering the nature and style of the party I would have put it away.

These are the only times me, I personally would have left that thing out

for a private show for my DH n my son better be asleep or away

if I was having a girls night at my home only knowing all would feel comfortable giving it a twirl

don't know it's a toss up to have it out for an adult party with both sexes that may or may not be a great idea really depends on a lot of other factors

but definitely we wouldn't have it out while children were around no matter how open we may have felt the parents may have been.

she actually gave a demonstration while the kids were there running around and the hubby all proud saying its fun!

HILARIOUSLY AWKWARD!

HazyPerception

Answer by HazyPerception at 9:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• In the living room- I think not. In the bedroom--to each their own.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i wouldn't mind having one, but i would put it away when i had company over... kinda gross to have an object someone was grinding naked on displayed in the living room, especially with children being present.
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 9:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Why not just hang your sex swing in the living room and have your kid's birthday party?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

•  

get out laughing thankfully so they didn't have one or they probably would have put it out.

My 7yr old would then mistake their home for an indoor playland.

HazyPerception

Answer by HazyPerception at 9:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2008