Why do some groups require so many views on your rpofile before they will let you join?

nathans_mom5908

Asked by nathans_mom5908 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Some people are paranoid that you've created a new profile to spy on their group. Seriously. It's weird.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• They are also looking for activity. If you have a lot of views it means you have contact with a lot of people and are more likely to post in the groups you belong to. There are some groups who have issues with trolls and drama so they are more likely to look for profiles that are a bit more than just stock.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• that is so stupid. I wouldnt even bother with a group like that. What is on my page and how many views its had isnt anyones business,.My thought is either let people join a group or not but dont try to act like its middle school by making certain requirements. "like only girls with pink skirts can be in our group" I personally wouldnt even bother with them
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 11:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I agree that is stupid. Some of us just live hectic lives and don't get on here as much as others. I work 3rd shift so I'm asleep all day, with my family before going to work, then working to the wee hours in the morning. I wouldn't even bother with a group like this.
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 3:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2008