I'm becoming obsessed

How can I stop thinking about getting pregnant? I want it so bad! My son is 12y/o I'm 39 y/o and I know that my time is running out. I am also over weight. Besides doing the ovulation thing and losing some weight what can I do? I'm becoming obsessed

Yve538

Asked by Yve538 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Stop obsessing. Relax and forget about it. It'll happen only when you're NOT obsessing over it.
    Anonymous

• I was in your shoes not too long ago.... I'm 34 and our son is 16 I didn't think I was ever going to get pregnant. This is what I did..... might be a fluke but it worked for us. And believe you me we've never prevented pregnancy it just never happened again until now. In December last year I stopped smoking, drinking caffiine, lost 20 lbs., I'm over weight too.... and stopped talking about conceiving I was still thinking about it but not verbally talking about it with my husband helped me to stop obsessing. We just started to have fun in the bedroom (a lot of fun... a lot of the time) and by June this year I was pregnant. It took 6 months but it worked:) Now we're expecting our second boy this coming March. Good luck to ya and don't give up it'll happen when you least expect it.
    fae

Answer by fae at 9:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i have found that the more you stress over it the more likely it wont happen, because you can't let your body relax and do its thing. just don't think too much about it relax and have fun with it.
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 11:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Actually theres absolutely no scientific evidence that proves that stress and "obsessing" will prevent pregnancy. I read this in many reliable books and also online. Anyway its all myths and old wives tales that say you need to relax etc etc.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• (continued) I mean of course if you relax it would be better for your mind set (and its obviously unrealistic to "forget" you want to have a child!!!!!!!) That just sounds completely rediculous. Its a HUGE change and impact on your life and if you want to obsess, then obsess, but do it in a positive way! Go to websites, start a fake registry to play and choose things you might consider if you do get pregnant, and put the energy to fun positive use. Don't pay attention to the girls that say oh as soon as you 'forget" than you'll get preganat, haha it doesn't work that way. Its all timing, and although hardcore stress might alter the ovulation day, theres still no complete proof. I was told the same thing by people on here and I realize it makes NO sense to not embrace your feelings. =)
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2008