Ladies you call it ! Stripper pole in living room appropriate or not ?

Now ladies first let me say heck ya having a stripper pole in your home can totally be fun ! I wouldn't mind swinging on one nor having one for private shows for my man.

Scenario: we went over to an acquaintance's friend's home ( friend of a friend ) for a surprise welcome home party for a mutual girl we all knew. We all had children ages 3-7 all are married it was to be a family style party.

Why is it that as soon as we step into this condo we see dead in their living room a stripper pole. An extremely greasy multiple finger printed on high places stripper pole they displayed.

Our son said " cool mom they have a fireman's pole to escape fires." LOL

Question is would you have put it away for company granted it was a portable one or would you just leave it there in plain view your house your rules?

We didn't know what to make out of it, we were in between finding it super amusing to feeling weird.

HazyPerception

Asked by HazyPerception at 9:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Entertainment

• I think it's disgusting to leave that out for all to see. That should have been removed for the get-together.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Yah Im all for spicing things up.... IN THE BEDROOM... But definitely wouldnt have left it out for the world and their kids to see! LOL at least wipe it down first!! What your son said was pretty cute btw. Anyway yah I'm thinking leaving a stripper pole up in your living room for guests and their children to see is pretty tacky.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i would take it down just to make some room and stuff and especially if children were going to be there. and if i didnt, i would at least CLEAN it lol.. thats trashy to leave it out.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• na that's for special moments. It be kinda hard when my dad comes over for coffee and it's next to the TV
    nasibaby

Answer by nasibaby at 10:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• if i m having guest over i would certianly want guest comfortable and more so they have kids with them. or i would atleast tell them it is not a child proof home, enter at your own risk, we got a stripper pole in the living room,blah blah blah. low key, i would like to learn how to dance on a pole and one day add to our (ROOM) in the privacy!
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 10:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I have a pole, and we always take it down when company comes over. It's not smack in the living room, but we still remove it, to avoid awkward moments.

Maybe your friend is a pole dance instructor? I could see that being the only reason to leave it up.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I think it's pretty tacky to have something like that in the living room. Or maybe they have an extremely large living room where the thing wouldn't be as noticeable? I'd like to think the best of people. Then again, some people are exhibitionists and probably wants the world to know they have a stripper pole in the living room, of all places.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 12:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I used to babysit for a couple that had one in the middle of their living room and it had a stage with a mirrored floor. The kids would play on it. The wife was a stripper and the husband a computer programmer. They had a very open relationship. I thought it was very strange. The couple were really nice though. When they would leave and i would put the kids to sleep....i got on that thing all the time. I got pretty toned.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• To each their own but I think it should probably be put away. I don't think my MIL would want to know all about that :)
    Anonymous

• I love stripper poles, but not in the living room. Maybe in the game room,thats where I have one, In our game room...or maybe the den....not so open like that~ LOL.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2008