Toddlers and Tricycles

How old are most toddlers when they're actually able to ride a tricylce all by themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids were all about 3 when they figured out how to peddle on their own. We got the tricycle when our oldest was 2 1/2 so the other kids have had it since they were old enough to walk. They started out just pushing themselves with their feet and around 3 they figured out how to peddle. Ours got stolen though (we had a nice red Radio Flyer 10" one). So we're getting our youngest a new one for her 3rd birthday.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Actually peddaling the tricycle themselves....probably no earlier than 3 years old. I have 3 kids and the 2 older ones learned sometime around 3 and my daughter who is 2 1/2 still can't pedal.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My daughter was almost 2 1/2.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 9:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• my 2 year old has one but he cant reach the pedals, he just pushes himself along with his feet on the floor
    learae

Answer by learae at 9:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Mine just turned 29 months (not quite 2.5 years) and just figured it out. We had to put pedal blocks on the pedals or her feet still wouldn't reach the pedals.

We got the Fisher Price Rock, Roll & Ride trike about a year ago. It has a nice foot rest for non-pedaling toddlers and a handle for the parent to push with. This let her start learning how to steer long before she could pedal.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• At toy stores they have neat little trikes that you can actually push to help the child lear to ride it my mom and dad just baught my daughter one for christmas shes 2 and loves it
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2008