what are some cures for Athlete’s foot?

I have been to the doctor lots of times and have had several difernt kinds of medications, creams and sprays. Now its to the point that I just started getting blisters.

phelpsamp

Asked by phelpsamp at 9:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Health

• I've heard urine works, LOL. Don't ask where I heard it at because I don't remember. Like when you're in the shower you can pee on it.
    Anonymous

• athletes foot can be hard to get rid of. it really helps to apply baby power to your feet before putting on your socks, and change your socks at least once during the day. well ventilated shoes help allot... and you should frequently clean any area you walk barefoot on with bleach which should kill the fungus. it may help to replace shoes your feet have sweat in allot. these things alone can cure the fungus, if you use these methods with a cream (lamisil works good) you should be rid of it!
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 9:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Okay, gross but soooo serious. My hubby pees on his feet when he feels it coming on. He hasn't had "full blown fungus" since he started doing this. I know as a women it can be hard to pee on your foot LOL, so you and hubby have a nice romantic shower and tell him to pee on your foot when you least expect it and not to tell you LOL That would be my suggestion. HTH!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Lotramin AF cream. I'd recommend bleaching any socks you've been wearing while you have had it also. If you've worn shoes with out socks, you will need to get the spray and spray the insides of all your shoes very well also.
    do you walk barefoot on your carpet? if so, you'll need to clean that too. AF is a bacterial infection and the bacteria can transfer to your carpet, clothing, and shoes so all of those will need cleaned to get rid of the bacteria.
    Anonymous

• Tinactin is good, my DH says. But I"m sure you've tried that. He also said bleach and water (1/2 bleach per gallon of water). Or salt water- these are his rememdies, so I don't know how accurate and effective they are, especially if the doctor's methods haven't helped you.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm allegic to bleach so any other suggetions about cleaing things. if i use bleach on my whites when I'm doing laundry i wash it about times so anyone have any other suggestions
    phelpsamp

Answer by phelpsamp at 9:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i've tried Lotramin AF cream doesn't work.
    phelpsamp

• I've never tried Tinactin and salt water hurts cause I have cracks on my foot too.
    phelpsamp

Answer by phelpsamp at 9:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Tea tree oil, Apply Listerine to a sterile cotton pad and rub onto feet twice daily. No need to rinse. Great for children or adults.

Hydrogen Peroxide
    Soak your feet in a basin in over the counter Hydrogen Peroxide (Brown Bottle). Soak for 20-30 minutes. Save the same solution to repeat the following day. Twice is all that I do and it works.

Create a solution of one part vinegar and four parts warm water. Soak the feet for half an hour twice daily.

Go here to find more: http://www.myhomeremedies.com/topic.cgi?topicid=18

Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Are you sure it's athlete's foot? Just curious if you are having such problems. I suggest trying the tea tree oil, vinegar posted above... also you can soak your feet in regular black tea, cooled. Brew it and then soak your feet, it will change the ph. Make sure you have THROWN AWAY your old socks and shoes.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2008