Strollers and Play Yard

I have been doing my research but would like to know which stroller and play yards worked for you ladies. Thanks I am a first time mom and need as much help as possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I found that my stroller just took up space... but it you are going to use it while out, find one that folds easily and can fit in your trunk without you needing help to get it in and out.
    As for a play yard... I just bought a Graco pack 'n play. The reviews I read said that it lasted the longest.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I never used a play yard. For a stroller, I was given a graco one, and it worked perfectly fine. I'd definitley suggest trying them out. Go to a store and see how it actually folds, then think about how it will fit in your car (if that's an issue) some of them are huge! My jogging stroller won't fit in my trunk and it's a pain. That's something you can't do online. Get one you can afford (some of them cost as much as my 1st car did, it's ridiculous) but get one you'll like, that way you can use it for your next babies. Sorry I don't have anything specific, but I think they all function pretty much the same.
    mrsjoeljr

Answer by mrsjoeljr at 9:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Oh yeah, I really liked the under-carriage basket thing. It was really nice for shopping and holding your enormous diaper bag!
    mrsjoeljr

Answer by mrsjoeljr at 9:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I really liked the Graco pack n play travel lite. It comes with a travel bag, it has a bassinet insert, it didn't weigh a ton. It works as a crib in a pinch when you're traveling, and I used that bassinet insert with both of my kids while breast feeding so they could sleep in my room. (until 4 months or so) I also used it for naps in the living room or whatever else. We took it with us on trips - very convenient. I'm a big fan.
    That said, I HATED any Graco stroller. I went through a lot of strollers. SO bulky and cumbersome I never wanted to use them. Finally I found that I really love the MacLaren Techno XT strollers. They turn on a dime, the one I have fully reclines but its lightweiight like an umbrella stroller. Pay attention to the weight on some of those strollers. Think if you really want to balance a baby and try to lift a 25+lb stroller.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• We bought a Graco travel system (car seat and stroller) for our stroller. It is kind of big and heavy, however, it can be pushed over almost anything and it has a lot of room for stuff you need to take with you. We also have a Graco Pack'n'Play. It has been used probably more than the crib! When I first brought my daughter home from the hospital, she slept in it for about 2 weeks so that I could have her right next to me. I kept it downstairs so that she could nap in it during the day while I got stuff done. We have recently moved across the country and travelled to see grandparents at Thanksgiving and Christmas and the pack'n'play was a life saver. Get one with a bassinet that goes across the top (can be used until 15 lbs.) It is much easier to put them down at waist level than floor level when they are so tiny.
    Lokay25

Answer by Lokay25 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i have the graco travel system and we love it. it's made where the carseat will snap onto the stroller, but my daughter hated the car seat at first. when we started really taking it to go places she was able to sit up with it reclined back as far as it goes and she loved to be able to look around. we also have a graco pack n play. she's 6 months old and still sleeps in our room in it at night. we used the bassinet for a while, i had a c-section and it made getting her in and out a LOT easier when she was little. we've also used it to take places and it worked really good. my mom has one at her house as well and when we spend the day/night there she sleeps in it.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I wanted to add to pick up the stroller and imagine trying to lift it out of a car or whatever right after you have a baby... if you can't lift it, don't buy it. :) I have 3 strollers and only 1 can I maneuver on my own with out my husband having to load and unload it for me.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I got the chicco cortina stroller and the chicco key fit 30 car seat, they are sold seperately but they offer what i wanted, baby being in the rear facing position longer (up to 30 lbs). The stroller is very lightweight I am able to pick it up and get it unfolded and folded with one hand and sometimes the use of a foot. Any type of "travel" stroller is gonna be bulky and of course be a little heavy but it shouldnt be to the point you can not lift it, theres just no point to that. Go to a babies r us and try everything! I thought i wanted the chicco lightwieght stroller but after trying it out around the store it was not anything i wanted but i tried the chicco cortina the one that was right next to it and loved everything about it. It just comes down to perosnal prefernece and what you are comfortable with.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 11:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I got a Graco Snugride carseat (one of the safest and least expensive on the market), and we got the Graco Snugrider frame stroller. It's perfect for now (my son is 4 months). It's cheap, easy to use and maneuver, and folds up and stores well. You can figure out what you want for when they're bigger from there. It's SO much better than a big bulky travel system. We also have a Graco Pack n Play, but we still haven't used it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:24 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I registered for the Graco Pack n Play, which has a playard and changing table, etc. I didn't want to get a bassinet and a playard both, so this one fits the bill. Then I registered for the Peg Perego stroller. We went to Babies R Us and played around with them and this was the easiest for me to open and close. Plus, it lays down and can be used for infants. As I was playing with it a couple walked by and said it was the best stroller they'd had. My sister advised me not to get a travel system, (which most new parents get) because it's really bulky and huge. I want lightweight stuff that's not going to take up too much space.
    Anonymous