What does it feel like to you when you pray?

To me, it feels like I'm sending a verbal letter up to God. I don't feel like I'm having a conversation with Him sitting there in front of me. Is it the same way for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• It feels like it does when I talk to a human only I feel loved and understood by a mighty power greater than myself. Sometimes, I feel a sense of being enveloped in wonder. If I am feeling a negative emotion when I begin, I feel a sense of relief, peace. If I am praising or being thankful, I feel joy. When I ask for forgiveness, I feel humble.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i find that when i talk to God, as if He's sitting right across the table from me, like an old friend who knows me better than anyone, i can talk all night! or day..its most comfortable for me to really open up..since He knows my heart anyway. i don't feel like its formal..i feel at home when i pray, even when i'm complaining or angry.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i dont really talk out loud to God. i just think, meditate really, on what i need to get off my chest, thank Him for, etc. OP i feel the same as you, kinda like its a letter or like im leaving a long voice mail.
    at one time i had a prayer journal, where i just wrote letters to God & i had the same "let-go" feeling as when i pray.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I usually feel peace, comfort and reassurance when I pray

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It depends on me sometimes it feels like a letter and other times I am pouring my soul out to my best friend.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I think for me it depends on how I am praying. When I am in deep prayer I feel as though I am not speaking at all, but like I am being given the words to speak to God. If I am in basic prayer or just decide to talk to God at random, I feel like I am talking to my best friend.
    4Nalon

Answer by 4Nalon at 8:01 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I feel so close to my Holy Almighty daddy because I know He loves me and saved me from Hell. I'm humbled that I was chosen and He calls me daughter! It is good to come before His presence and submit.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Sometimes, when i pray, my hert already knows what i need to pray for. And often, by the time i speak it or mentaly repeat it, i feel ive already said it. Like i dont really have to say it out loud. Its kind of hard to explain.
    I just close my eyes and realy go in a place where my whole attention is on God. Words are too small sometimes .
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I feel like I am talking to a very loving, trusting parent. I can picture Him in "human form" if I want. Afterall, God is ALL. Not only do I not NEED to talk but I CAN talk about anything and everything. And when I sit in medition, it is like being engulfed in pure love and acceptance. God's Hugs are AWESOME!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 1:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I feel like a big weight has been lifted from my shoulders when I pray. I also feel relieved in knowing that the old saying "Do your best and God will take care of the rest" is true.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2008