Has any of you requested and C section and why???

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Is this your first child? I had a c-section with my first (he was breech). I've never had a vaginal birth, but I cannot imagine that the pain of recovery is anywhere close to that of my c-section. For me, it was absolutley horrible. It was weeks before I felt fine, and I used all but one of the magic pain pills I was prescribed. Just getting out of bed was a nightmare!! I'm pregnant now, and planning a v-bac with lots of epidural medicine, and really hoping for the best. I'm not at all one of those people that care if you give birth "naturally" or c-section, so my answer isn't coming from that direction, just thefact that I was in a lot of pain. Sorry I didn't really answer your question. Good luck!
    mrsjoeljr

Answer by mrsjoeljr at 9:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I wanted one with my second child because she seemed so big. I looked like I was having twins. They refused I waited another week and had her vaginally. During labor they asked if I wanted one because she was stuck. I was able to push her out. She was 10lbs 13 oz and 23.5 inches long. Man that sucked. LOL

lisa-momof2

Answer by lisa-momof2 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I had a csection with my first because she wasnt descending. I wanted a vaginal birth though. I am currently 32 weeks pregnant and going to attempt a vbac(vaginal birth after cesarian).
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I had an emergency c-section with my 6th child , I requested one for my 7th , no interest in a vbac
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I had to have emegency c-section I can't imagine choosing to have major abdominal surgery. Do you realize how much is involved with it as well as the length of time of recovery. I would go through with a vaginal delivery in a heartbeat.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008