Is it wrong to date a man...

that is going through a divorce? Is it better to wait until it is over than to get involved with the chance they get back together? But then there is still the chance they get back together even after the divorce. I really like him and we get along so great, but I don't want to be the rebound girl and I don't want to get hurt. When is the right time to date a man during or after a divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• To avoid an emotional roller coaster it's best to wait; however, there is nothing wrong with being a supportive friend during this time. If it develops into more after the divorce then take it slow and make sure it's real and not rebound.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• um i would for sure wait untill the divorce was final and stil wait awhile and see how things go
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• just date him don't get really serious until after the divorce
    Mommy_Sydney

Answer by Mommy_Sydney at 9:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It relly depends on the situation yanno?I was seperated when I met current love and he was definantly not a rebound for me. Make sure he has a good relationship w/her, because that shows he is truly over it kwim? U could wait tho, for the divorce, if it is a real love-it will be there while u are his friend.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Wait until the divorce is final and let this guy grieve and get over the divorce first. It takes a while for a person to get through this stuff emotionally, even if they think they are already past it. Just be patient and wait! If you are meant to be with this guy then just be friends for now.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• If you can keep it on a friendly basis then OK, but he has a lot of emotional baggage right now, and you would be a rebound if it gets too involved.

Answer by Bmat at 10:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• im sure the right answer is after but i would be hypocritical if i advised you to stay away after all my ex-boyfriend was going through a divorce when we met but personally i think it all depends on the person have you talked to him about it?
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Yes! Don't do it. There are many many reasons why. If he's going through a divorce, he has a lot of emotional baggage, even AFTER the divorce is final. Plus, you don't want to get involved with someone who is married (bad marriage or not). What if he suddenly decides to try to "work it out". It's been known to happen! You don't want to be in the middle of any drama with the wife too. It's a very dangerous game, especially when people are going through a divorce. Could get ugly! Stay out of it. If it's meant to be, it'll be worth the wait.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Definately wait until the divorve is over; no need for the extra drama. Then I would also take it slow and let him date around (while he is seeing you too), that way he knows what is out there, but he knows you are interested too. You won't be the rebound girl this way.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am with a guy who is going through a divorce but so am I there is no chance of either of us getting back with our x's.We have been friends for over 10yrs and have always been each others rock when there were problems we always confided in each other. and we are actually very happy. But I think if we waited until the divorces were final we might have missed our chance again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2008