How can you stop bitting on a 18 month old

leg1284

Asked by leg1284 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• this is tough, I would try this. When he bites say very sternly"ow that hurts" and put him by himselof for a couple minutes.in crib or playpen, someplace safe but away from everyone. It is hard at that age because they cannot speak and understand like we do, but he does know it hurts.Hopefully he will make the connection that if he bites, he gets to be alone for a lil bit.watch to see when he does it most, maybe that will help to determine how to avoid it...good luck, my ds didn't do it but lots of kids do.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Soap...call me cruel, but when my son bit I'd let him taste a bar of soap (tastes bad but won't hurt!). Didn't take long to make the association and STOP. I had to do it three times, each about 2-3 months apart, then never again.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• use something that taste horrible but safe like viniger,this worked for my mom
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2008