anyone that is not considered high risk have a nst and bpp in the third trimester..

i am 35 weeks.. and my doc ordered one for tomorrow... just wondering if this means that i have something to worry about

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didn't but had a friend who them weekly through her 3rd trimester. Nothing wrong with her baby, but she showed a low level of fluid once and that was all it took. Don't worry.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i wouldn't worry. they're just doing a check to make sure that the baby isn't stressed about anything and is still moving like it should. i was due june 21 of last year and on the 23rd i had one done to make sure that she wasn't stressing because of being overdue. i thought it was neat to be able to sit and listen to her heartbeat for 15 minutes. my fiancee was with me and anytime he talked to her, her heart rate went up.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Did something prompt the doctor to refer you or is it standard procedure for them?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• they said its procedure
    Anonymous

• Then I wouldn't worry... although that is a strange procedure. Can you opt out? If you aren't concerned that is.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I dont mind going... i never pass a chance to see my lil guy:) i think maybe he wants to do it, because last week I thought i had a uti and went in the labor and delivery floor and they hooked me up to the monitors for contractions and his hb.. and when they checked to see if i was dialated at all his hb went down to the 80's... they looked concerned and monitored me for 30 minutes more and his hb regulated itself... so they said he must have not liked when they checked me for dialation.... so maybe my doc just wants to be on the safe side and make sure he is doing well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2008