Do you think its odd that my husband has NO friends, NO interests/hobbies

My husband is 38, we've lived in the area for 5 years and he has NO friends or interests? I think it odd. He doesnt enjoy doing anything, I have to think of everything to do on the weekend. Any socializing that is done, is done with my friends or family. We have kids together and it becomes VERY tiresome, having to take care of everything on my own. Dont most guys have friends they barbque with or maybe a family bday party? I think its important for kids to see their parents socialize properly. The other thing, is that he has NO hobbies or interests, and I just think that is odd. What do you think?

albionel

Asked by albionel at 10:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• No, I dont' think it's odd not to have any friends. I don't, and I know quite a few other women on here that don't.
    I do however have "hobbies" like reading or hiking. That seems odd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• did he used to or has he always been this way? my husband has become pretty antisocial and i think he may be slightly depressed
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• I don't think its odd. I have no friends, I don't socialize except here on CM, and I dont have any hobbies or interests except those here on CM. I was however just told yesterday by the doctor that I'm depressed...yeah right!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:45 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• Some people really don't feel like they need friends, other than their spouse & family. My dad is like that. But, he has interests. He likes to play golf & go to other sporting events. It is weird that your DH doesn't have activities that he enjoys doing. It almost sounds like Depression.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:45 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• I do think it's odd.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:46 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• Dh had no 'real friends' just people he got a long with at work, until this past year. He now has a best friend he actually hangs out with. He has no hobby really, unless you count video games and reading.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• Not really odd to not have friends...remember guys are different from us girls who NEED this! The hobby thing is a bit odd! WHAT does he DO???
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:52 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• My husband doesn't have any friends that he sees often, he works too much and then he has house stuff and kids stuff to do when he isn't working. Neither of us really have hobbies, watching too much tv and playing too much on the computer is all we both do outside of hanging out as a family.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• My hubby is the same way...he runs a restaurant and company policy is no socializing outside of work, with staff or management....being that he works about 13 hrs a day, it makes it difficult. He did recently become friends with the guy that does the upholstery for his restaurant....I told him "go do something with him!!!!" lol! More for my benefit than his..haha...it gets him out of my hair and I think it's good for guys to socialize..they need a group of friends as long as they're not getting into trouble. I agree with u.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• Maybe he doesn't like people. I prefer not to socialize much offline.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2011