How can I get my daughter to go to sleep?

My daughter Jordyn is 17 months old. For some strange reason starting about a week ago my daughter started screaming whenever we would take her to her bed for her to go to sleep. At first it was just at night. But starting today it is for nap time too. She is fine while me or my husband are in the room (or laying on the bed) with her, but as soon as we get up to leave to start to walk out the door she starts to scream. She will get up and start pounding on the door. We have eventually just had to let her scream (hoping she will wear herself out and just go to sleep) but my husband says that he hears her at all hours of the night.

I can't figure out whats wrong with her. At first I thought she might of had a bad dream or something, but that wouldn't keep her from sleeping in there at all for over a week, would it? I need to some insight and fast!

YoungMom020107

Asked by YoungMom020107 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• make her cry then after you know it she will get tierd and fall a sleep
    butterfly123456

Answer by butterfly123456 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• could it be teething? Is she feeling okay? Don't let her watch scary things on t.v. also. Talk to your doctor about it too. I wouldn't let her cry. I can't let my girl cry it out and she is the same age as yours. I feel that she has a reason to cry and you just have to figure out what the reason is.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 11:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I do the cry-it-out thing with my little girl but the crying all through the night sounds like something is actually wrong.
    Could it be teething? The molars HURT.
    Could she have reflux? It comes and goes all through childhood.
    Is it possible it's a monster? She's a little young for a squirt bottle of monster spray but it's a possiblity.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2008