how to file for child support and its requirements?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• Call your county courthouse and ask them. I get child support but I am not sure where u are.Each state is different.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• You can probably find all the info online. Heck, my state has it set up so you can fill them out online, print it out, and take them in to file. Just do a search for child support, your state and county. The worst you'll do is find a child support calculator that'll help you figure out how much you'll get, and be able to look over the forms to know what information you'll need to provide.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• We have a child support office in my town. However, I use the internet to look up any questions I have. Iowa's site is connected to the department of human services site.
    tinajt

Answer by tinajt at 10:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• go to the office! you file out an application. here in CA, the child has to have the fathers last name in order to file for childsupport. i hope im not wrong.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 12:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2008