When you have hardly any money and you have till the middle of next week to figure out what to eat....what do you make??

I know it depends on what you have. But ....I'm so sick of seeing no food!! lol. We have chicken and some ground beef. But I try to save that for dinner. So....what do I make for lunch?? We have tortillas but no lunch meat or cheese. We don't even have tuna. We don't have milk. OKay what we do have....ugh idk...this sucks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Tuna sammiches...or eggnoodles with meatballs and brocolli mixed with butter and seasoning...my kids LOVE it!
    SLC3015

Answer by SLC3015 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• i do a lot of pasta dishes
    beans and rice too
    we always have that on hand
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• I buy 7 1/2 dozen eggs from costco ( eggs keep for over a month), it cost around 8.00. I make egg salad, french toast, every omelet under the sun and just boil some to keep for salad toppings. If you're worried about cholesterol just use the whites. I personally think eggs are healthy. I also buy brown rice in bulk, it will stretch your meat ( lol :) I didn't mean for that to come out that way but I'm keeping it.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• Pasta & butter, got parm cheese in the fridge? Put some of that on it.
    PBJ tortillas, cut them into triangles the kids will think thats fun.
    Rice cooked with chicken or beef broth
    Use up any eggs you have

hm your gonna have to get real creative, & dig around your cupboards take a look at EVERYTHING you do have. Sorry your going through this. Got a local food pantry? Call them up even if they are not open today they sometimes will assemble an emergency box of food that you can pick up or have brought to you.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• If you have any canned tomatoes you can create a make-shift sauce for you spaghetti.
    Or cut the spaghetti up into smaller noodles and use in goolash (my mom made her with ground meat, onion (cook that together) add 1-2 cans tomatoes, canned or frozen corn, a pat of butter. Mix it with the noodles and voila! Lunch, dinner, whatever works!
    You can use your chicken in the tortilla as a sandwich/wrap. Add any sauce or condiment you have on hand, a few veggies if desired, wrap it up and enjoy!
    PB&J tortilla wrap up
    Rice and chicken
    I've gotten pretty good at pantry clean out - what else do you have on hand? Maybe between all of us we can get you through the week!!!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• I run to the store buy a couple single packs of ramen noodles for 39 cents each but prices may vary. or if you have peanut butter put it on the tortillas.
    diamondsky

Answer by diamondsky at 11:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• I think you should call Catholic Charities, or see if you can go to a food bank,, do you have anything to spend on food? I am sorry for your situation, huggs.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• great suggestions so far.. i always keep extra spaghetti noodles and jarred sauce in my pantry, just incase i have to make meatless spaghetti if im out of food.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• I do have spaghetti! But no more sauce :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Sep. 2, 2011

• you could toss it with butter and parmesan cheese.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2011