HELP Please, Are your kids interested in learning about video production?

Hi my name is Melanie, I'm looking to start a nonprofit school for kids that want to learn about video production, graphic design..and maybe programming. It would be great to give kids a cutting edge and technical creative outlet. They will learn valuble skills that can produce future jobs and have a lot of fun!! It will be an after school program to keep kids busy and productive in those critical afterschool hours. The kids would be ages 6-18 (mostly pre teens and teens)

My question: Do you think there will be a demand for a school like this?

Any imput is welcome. Thanks! :)

calimode

Asked by calimode at 1:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• A non-profit school? That is really awesome, and a really great thing for you to do. I do think there would be demand. Where are you from? (where would this school take place?)
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• I'm in the Sacramento California area. It would be in Folsom. Non profits have to be run like a business and if there is no demand I shouldn't do it. But I suspect it would do well. :)
    calimode

Comment by calimode (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• I think there would be interest. In our area- teens have the chance to take a class like that in 8th grade- video editing/ or something to that effect and they broadcast to the school over thier tv and learn hands on things of how it all works.

2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 1:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• I think it's a neat idea.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• no
    cmk323

Answer by cmk323 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2011

• I would start by offering to fund an afterschool club at a high school

Answer by rkoloms at 9:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2011