How many school uniforms do I need?

My son came wear polo shirts, white, light blue and navy blue shirts with either khaki or navy blue pants, How many should I buy we only do clothes washes once a week so I don't want to be doing laundry in the middle of the week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2011 in

• Then 5 of them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• I try to set myself up so that the boys will have 3 days' worth of things to wear before I need to launder them. If you want to wash only once per week, then my guess is that you'd need at least 5 days' worth of uniforms.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• 7 pairs of pants and 10 shirts,, trust me he will rip or ruin a couple of them,, My son wears the same colors,, and I have found whilte ones are the easiest to clean, you can soak them, and even when he comes home a hot mess, can put some spray and wash and then wash them in hot water and bleach,, K-mart has really good pants for not a lot of money,, old Navy pants are junk, steer clear of the light blue shirts, the hardest to get stains out,, and trust me they will get filthy!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• We have a four day school week, the first year we were completely broke, so I bought 2 pairs of shorts and 3 polos and just washed on Tuesday night. It worked out just fine.

Now I buy 4 pants and 6 shirts. Then we always have them. I also buy each kid three belts.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• 5 shirts & 3 pants, if he tends to stay clean.
    Verrine

Answer by Verrine at 9:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• At least 5 shirts and at least 3 pair of pants (they can be worn more than 1 time). I would say, depending, on weather where you live, 2 pair of uniform shorts. If he is a messy boy, then I would go with 8 shirts and 5 pants.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• shirts - 5 and pants prob. about 3 b/c you can wear them more than once. And I'd do more the navy than khaki (I'm jealous I miss having navy pnats) maybe 4 pants.
    But yes be ready for breakage etc. just replace when it happens. Also if they can wear shorts also... keep the pants and convert into shorts.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2011

Next question in
Welfare/Online Schooling

Next question overall (Beauty & Style)
Does media influence us?