How much do you spend on each child for christmas?

I have a 6 and 3.5 year old and a baby that will be 4 months at the time. I spend a lot on them because I love christmas and all I buy for is my kids and my nephew who I get about 2-3 gifts for and my cousin who I get 1 gift for because my aunt and uncle buy for my kids

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2011 in Holidays

• it varies a LOT. my mother in law spends at least $400 and my Mom does about half that. so instead of getting our kids toys we try and give them experiences. polar express ride, fancy restaurant, a waterpark on xmas break, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• With this down economy that we have right now I'll limit myself to buy just the stuff that they really need but happy to have it....
    vivianne112

Answer by vivianne112 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• since I have 3 kids I try to limit it to 200 per kid but i do end up going over board sometimes (X-mas shopping is like a sport to me<3 )
    kattea21911

Answer by kattea21911 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• my will be 1 year old prob 75 bucks her birthday is nov 22nd as well so gifts there at her party too, and my will be 3 year old about 150 her bday is also dec 7th so will have bday gifts/party too
    Alcnic29

Answer by Alcnic29 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• Mine are less than a year apart so I try to spend the same amount and get the same number of gifts. How much and how many is determined by what we can afford at that time.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• We don't set a price limit. But we get each child a gift for Solstice, and another for Christmas, and then we get them a gift to share for "Gift Day" which is my mother's non-religious celebration.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• Usually a few hundred dollars

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• $300 to $500 but I only have 1 dd just depends on what she is getting that year. sometimes more sometimes less. I love Christmas!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• No more than $75.00 per child.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 2:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• Ours varies from year to year depending on how much we have saved. Last year was a bad year. I only spend around $250 on each child. This year will be much better. I just got a job and every dime I get is going to Christmas, along with our Christmas savings account which should have $1100 in it by Thanksgiving. I have 5 kids and 2 grandkids to buy for. I am hoping to spend between $350-500 on each of them.

Answer by gemgem at 3:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2011