How can i get the oil out of my husbands t-shirts?

My husband is a machinest and while at work he gets coolant oil on his t-shirts. It smells like cooking oil. Can anyone help tell me how I can get the oil out of his shirts. They still feel damp after they have been washed and dry.

brandy_d

Asked by brandy_d at 9:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Formula 409 or- you'll probably say HHUUUHHHH- but the absolute best thing is Castrol SUPERCLEAN. My mom used this on my Dad's clothes (mechanic) for years and my Dad has SUPER Sensitive skin and it works incredibly. I use it on my husbands clothes now. Hehehehe - you'll find it in the automotive section at Walmart
    cjennifer81

Answer by cjennifer81 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I always spray with Shout, leave on for 30 minutes (usually longer actually) and wash with hot water. I've never used it on a coolant stain, but it seems to work with every other oil based stain I'v ehad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I use grease lightening. It should work b/c oil is grease.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 11:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My husband sometimes uses Simple Green.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• my husband works at Jiffy Lube....and there is no sure fire way to get it out. He just needs to keep a group of shirts that are for work only...
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2008