What's stopping you from going Green?

I've been "green" for quite some time now. :) What's stopping you? Don't say cost either! I clean with vinegar and baking soda and it's hella cheap. :D If you say you just don't care, why is that? Don't you care about the earth?...protecting it? Protecting your family from chemicals?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Home & Garden

• We've been "green" for years, long before it became fashionable to do so. Over the years, the reason I've heard ppl give most often for not going green is cost, but if they really looked into it, they'd realize that "going green" is actually cheaper (as well as healthier for their family). The second reason I've heard most often is convenience, which to me just says LAZY, because it really doesn't take that much more time to do things in a green way. Besides, nobody says you have to go all out, just doing one or two things green can make a world of difference; and once you get comfortable with those, you can start adding more green changes and ease into a "green" lifestyle.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm green. It makes me feel good to recycle and not use too many harsh chemicals.
    Anonymous

• For some things cost, and some things convience...
    but we do recycle and try not to be wasteful.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Time. I went green during the summer when I was off from my job at a school. Couldn't keep it up and I don't feel guilty.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 11:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I guess honestly it is laziness on my part. We recycle, but I like my yummy soaps and such. I also hate my apartment, but have really high hopes for myself when we move into our house this spring. :)
    Oh, and I will be using cloth diapers and I breastfeed and other green things, so I am partially green. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I recycle, and I either use those "green" bags or paper bags at the grocery store. If I get the paper bags, I recycle them. We use green cleaners (I like Seventh Generation) or just plain vinegar or lemon juice for cleaning. both work well. I do drive a small SUV but it actually gets just as good gas mileage as a car and takes fewer trips to transport my family and my kids friends when we go places. My house I can't do much about since we are in military housing. We turn off lights and open windows during the day, keep our heat set at a reasonable temp, and we don't have AC to use during the summer so it's open windows and fans for us :D . My daughter's toys (the majority of them) are green (I like PLAN toys). I think we are doing good at the "green" thing!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2008