Costco Cakes?

Thinking about ordering a costco cake for hubbys bday.......what flavors are the best? Do they have diff types of frosting? What prices do they run? Thanks!

LandonsMa0403

Asked by LandonsMa0403 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Food & Drink

• If you are a chocoholic then the circle 8 layer chocolate cake is great.

If you want to big sheet cake, then I think we have normally done white cake with chocolate cream.

I don't think we pay more than $20 but it has been a while since we last got one.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• They're great the sheet cake is awesome I always get yellow cake with chocolate moose filling and White buttercream icing. For cake they have yellow and chocolate. For icings they havechocolate buttercream, vanilla buttercream and creamcheese icing. For fillings they have chocolate moose, strawberry moose, and cheesecake moose. You can also get multiple designs or just get a white cake and design it yourself that is what I did for my daughters bday.
    EmmieandMom

Answer by EmmieandMom at 11:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• They've got really great cakes. Every flavor I've tried has been good! We had the 8 layer chocolate cake for my daughter's birthday a couple years ago and it was delicious, but we've also had great sheet cakes for baby showers and stuff.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 12:11 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Costco cakes are the BEST! They are very affordable, and they even have carrot cake, in addition to those mentioned above.
    IcePrincess77

Answer by IcePrincess77 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Costco Carrot Cake is one of the best Carrot cakes I have had! YUM! I've never had a bad cake from there. They really do a good job. I'm partial to their whipped cream type frosting though. Regular frosting is always too sweet for me!

Someone above mentioned the chocolate cake they have that is a circle. It is good, but so rich. I"m a chocoholic and it's almost too much for me! Thier regular all chocolate sheet cake is wonderful though!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• We just got a Costco cake for Christmas! They are $16.99 for 1/2 sheet. They have Carrot Cake, White Cake and Chocolate Cake. The fillings that I can remember they have are vanilla cheesecake, choco moose, and I think raspberry. They have cream cheese frosting, and choco and vanilla buttercream. At least this is what they have at our Costco. :) I hope this helps..
    AUpton

Answer by AUpton at 12:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I agree with the above posters. Ive never had one cake from there that we didnt like. In Pa they run about 14-20 dollars. Over all I really love Costco. The meats are very good and even tho your buying in bulk it saves in the long run
    Yebbers

Answer by Yebbers at 2:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I've only had a costco cake once. The frosting tasted like cardboard and the cake itself was dry. I'd stick to a bakery or make it yourself.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Generally, they have chocolate, marble, white, and carrot. They have a traditional bakery frosting (shortening and powdered sugar type), or a whipped frosting that is supposed to taste like flavored whipped cream but doesn't really. I don't care for their sheet cakes. However, that being said, they do have this chocolate layer cake that is huge, but very rich and chocolate-y. The cake itself is moist and the ganache is sinfully rich. It's topped with chocolate shavings. If he likes chocolate, I'd go for that one.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2008