Am I the only one?

Am I the only person that checks to make sure my child is still breathing? I wake up in the middle of the night and watch his chest or put my hand on him. I'll stop the swing to see him breathing. Am I alone?

SpoiledWifenMom

Asked by SpoiledWifenMom at 10:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• absolutely not i do the same thing and so does my sister heck i still check my nieces who are 1 and 2 years old i'll even touch their backs if i cant tell my looking
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• sweetie my son is 13 and I still check lol.13 yrs later and I still sometimes cannot wrap my brain around the fact that I was blessed w/that beautiful child.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I do sometimes too. What helped put my mind at ease was an angle care movement monitor... then I know he is breathing!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• lol every night two and three times! I freak out about it because my son buries his head in the mattress and he rolls over to his belly....ughhh I feel like i need to go check him now lol...it just shows that we love and care about them!
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 10:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• After 17 years of marriage my came along. he is 4 now and i still check on him to see if he is ok. not as much thou. my honey walks past his bed more now then i do. It will slow down but this is a natural mom thing. we are always looking after our baby cubs.
    matthewjsmom

Answer by matthewjsmom at 10:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My kids are 5 and 3, it makesme crazy if I dont check on them..LOL
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 10:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• All the time. And tonight is horrible because I put a crib bumper in his bed today because his feet were caught in the rails last night and now I want it off, but I put them in really tight double and sometimes triple knots, so I don't want to wake him up taking it off! I've been watching him through the video monitor, but I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight! Unfortunately my husband is working until the morning!
    Anonymous

• It helps put my mind at ease to use a movement monitor (very sensitive). If there is no movement/vibration an alarm sounds. I don't think I would be getting any sleep without it.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• LOL! Okay ... I did this A LOT when Julien first came home from the hospital. I have to admit, i still check ... just gives me piece of mind.
    jennie829

Answer by jennie829 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i check about an hour after she falls alseep & once right before i go to bed. if i go to bed late then i will check on her around 10pm. but i havent woken up to check since she was a month old.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2008