Ammonia smell in my underwear!!!! adult content

I have noticed the past weeek that my underwear have smelled so strong of ammonia....anyone know what it could be ????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2011 in Health

• It's urine smell. You might have an UTI or a bladder infection.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• Well i was on antibiotics for a severe sinus infection (cehpalexin) and its caused me to have a yeast infection. But even before the yeast infection came along i noticed the ammonia smell...its gross
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• You might be leaking urine or not wiping well
    Do you pee a lil bit when you cough or sneeze?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• It is dehydration. You are dehydrated. Drink some Gaterade or something to get your fluids back
    Mommysince02

Answer by Mommysince02 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• That may be what it is MommySince02...i havent hardly been drinking anything. Maybe 1-2 cups of water a day. My mouth has been pretty dry for the past month
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• honestly it can be a range of anything... idt a uti would cause that smell though but you could be lacking water, just drink water because that is what purifies your insides literally... you probably seriously just need lots of water that way your pee isnt so strong and acrid and acidic... get me? gatoraid will just replenish things but wont necessarily help your insides... ehm dry mouth is also a sign of dehydration just drink lots of room temperature water because cold water just makes you have to pee even more while warm water/room temp. water will actually absorb into the cells and help you out. i know this because once i got so dehydrated that it caused a blockage in my intestines... after a weekend of doing just that i was completely fine and my urine was okay too
    khaliab19

Answer by khaliab19 at 7:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• Dehydration. Make sure you drink lots of water to stay hydrated. When your urine smells like ammonia, you are dehydrating.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• Your vaginal pH is off from your yeast infection. It should clear up as things return to normal.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2011

• You need to drink more than 1-2 cups of water...drink Gatorade, Coconut Water, and regular water through out the day. Your problem is your urine is highly concentrated. I am sure that if you take a quick peek in the toilet it's a darker yellow color. You definitely need to start drinking...especially if you had an infection in the vaginal area, the bacteria may have traveled into your bladder, so maybe go check that and drink more...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2011

• What color is your urine, is it really dark? The color and the smell are darker and stronger when you're dehydrated, so drink up girl!!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 4:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2011