why am i hungry?

I rarely even remember to eat and make myself eat two meals a day. for the last week or so I haven;t been able to stop eating.i know at dr's offices they ask if there's a change in eating habits, i wonder why the ask that?and why i'm so hungry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Health

• You might have already tested, but are you pregnant or maybe just ovulating? I know I get a huge surge in appetite when I ovulate, and this time, before I found out I was pregnant I could not stop feeding my face!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• When they ask that question they are normally looking for a decrease in appetite and decrease in weight.

Why are you so hungry? Well, I'm not sure. It could be one of many reasons. Pregnant, diabetic, depression, eating disorder....list goes on and on. I would not be concerned unless you are having any other "unusual" symptoms.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• In the winter it is common to become more hungry out of an evolutionary urge to "store" fat for the coming cold. It may have something to do with that.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 2:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2008