How should I get my 6year old almost 7 year old to sleep in her bed???

I have tried everything!! I put her in her own bed and by the end of the night she's in my bed. And she's way to big for me to carry help!!!

marie25

Asked by marie25 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just walk her to her room without a word every time she does it.

Anonymous

• We tried a chart for my son... or just use a calendar and he gets a sticker for every night that he stays in his bed til he hears our alarm go off. It generally works with a little incentive too (get 15 stickers and we can do ______) We haven't had too many problems in a while with him staying in his own bed... and I totally get you about your daughter being too heavy. My son is soooo tall that his feet go beyond my knees when I hold him!
    tiffrand

Answer by tiffrand at 11:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My older two went through this stage and we put them in the hallway with their pillows, blankets or sleeping bags and left our bedroom door open. Every night for maybe 3-4, we would move them closer to their rooms and eventually they were OK with sleeping in their own beds in their own rooms. But I'm thinking your daughter may be too old to try this. Sorry if this doesn't help you any.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Lock your door.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• lilmami81- Are you serious??? That's horrible.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 12:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I got an alarm for my sons window, he asks if it is on every night, He was 7 when we finally got him into his own room. We told him if he wanted his cousin to spend the night then he needed to be a big boy. At first I would lay with him until he fell asleep, then I would move in my room, he did come in during the night, but we started taking him back to his room. This world is crazey so except for there being absolutely no room in our bed, I actually perfered him to be in our room, I just felt calmer. But he and I both got used to it and it has done wonders for my husband and mine relationship, also I still let him come in on occation like if he is sick or on a school break, plus we told him he could get a fish. I hope this helps.
    Ilovejonathan01

Answer by Ilovejonathan01 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2009